[Qgis-user] ID field does not show up

Julian Bogdani jbogdani at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 05:02:26 PDT 2012

Julian Bogdani
---
http://bradypus.net

Il giorno 19/ago/2012, alle ore 12:35, Andre Joost <andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de> ha scritto:

> Am 19.08.2012 10:24, schrieb Julian Bogdani:
>> Hi, it's not a spatialite db I want to add to my project, but a
>> simple text table. I need to load external attributes from plain text
>> tables and join with my vector layers.
>
> Yes, I understood that. But you can store those simple tables in your sqlite database as well, together with the vector layers. The database can hold as much tables as you want, having only text or vectors. And Add sqlite database table will show all fields.
You're right, but we have several databases comming from different sources. Most of them are used by PHP apps, and PHP does not support spatialite!

>> I think that the missing
>> ID field should be considered a bug, because we should be able to
>> manage external data as they are, without filters.
>>

> You can open a ticket for it. Maybe the programmer thought it was a good idea to hide the id. What will happen if you edit the id field, and the value is not unique anymore? Or add another object?
Maybe the solution woul be a hybrid one: id field should be shown and be usable in joins and queries, but it should be not editable by users inside QGIS. I'll try to open a ticket.
Thank you for the suggestions and for testing