[Qgis-user] Transforming Gauss-Krueger 3 to ETRS 89 UTM32N

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Aug 28 01:58:41 PDT 2012

Dear Klaus,

the transformation is correct. EPSG:25832 is defined without the leading
UTM-Zone (32) as the zone is part of the projection's description. At
least ome German "Bundesländer" however put the 32 into their ETRS89
data (no ides why, thus there is no EPSG-code you can use for these
data). You have to create a custom projection with a false easting of
32000000.
Be sure there is a datum transformation performed otherwise your data
can be some tens of metres wrong or use the Beta2007 grid

Bernhard