[Qgis-user] Fwd: wktraster with Postgis 2.0 in QGIS 1.9 on Linux Mint Maya

Mauricio de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:29:00 PDT 2012

Hi, Brian and Etienne.
Well, GDAL 1.7.3 was one of the first efforts to read postgis raster,
back in the release candidate days. A few months before the release of
postgis 2.0 there was a major change in the raster storage and some code
was discontinued. GDAL 1.9.0 was the first release after postgis 2.0 was
released so it's the first version that is compatible.

Fortunately, vector data is a mature standard inside postgis and didn't
suffer any major changes that could break previous working code.

Even though we were all notified by these changes, some of our previous
work doesn't work with the current version. It was a huge improvement in
raster storage and metadata retrieval, so we have to cope with it.

I'm releasing the new plugin version with the weak loader tonight. It
should be enough to upload one untiled raster with no overviews to the
database.

I'm using ubuntugis' repositories. The gdal package available on it is
version 1.9.1 so you might want to try those binaries, since they work
pretty well.

All the best,

Mauricio C. M. de Paulo
Engenheiro Cartógrafo
Mestrando em Sensoriamento Remoto (INPE)