[Qgis-user] Ftools and MMqgis behave differently

Gerardo Jimenez gejst5 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:19:47 PDT 2012

I made an experiment trying to follow this (http://www.surfaces.co.il/?p=616). I used the suggested ftools option to create the vector grid. I also made a grid using mmqgis, and just to be safe a point layer as csv. Grids are in lat lon. Points were reprojected to a custom lcc CRS (INEGI´s parameters).I loaded the Ponints in ccl, defined that I wanted on the fly reprojection in the project and these are the problems:

1)Vector grid created with ftools just touch the points at the corners

2)MMqgis grid touch the points

I wonder why is this happening, grid layers were created using the same interval (15 minutes). Following a suggestion in Stackexchange (see http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/32353/how-to-display-both-scalebar-in-kilometers-and-grid-in-lat-long-degrees-in-quant/32359#comment43534_32359) I used the densify tool in ftools. I have the same result. The layer created with ftools is closer but do not touch the the points.

Here you can see the problems as images http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42543948/problem1.zip

here is the data http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42543948/Grids.zip

Thanks for any hint. I am using Qgis 1.8, standallone installer, win7 64bits, 8gb of ram

Gerardo Jiménez Delgado
Instituto de Investigaciones Antropológicas
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Ciudad Universitaria s/n
Coyoacan 04510
Mexico City