[Qgis-user] Cannot export selected layer

Roy Marsh roymarsh11 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:56:04 PDT 2012

In QGIS 1.8 I selected a subset of polygons by attribute from a vector layer
I wanted to save only the selected polygons and delete the rest

So I chose Layer/Save selection as vector file and saved as SHP, The
message box said this was successful, but it did not export any thing. Only
empty files were created

I tried another way, by saving the selection as CSV. This time the message
said it had been saved but in fact no file was created.

Strange. In the orginal layer, the selection is clear.

I even tried to invert selection and then delete the new selection, leaving
me only with the polygons I wanted, but the delete selection button was
greyed out