[Qgis-user] Trouble with overlay in 1.8.0

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 04:13:03 PDT 2012

Hi Havard and Roxette (sorry if I am replying to both)

2012/8/30 Roxette <lucy.cradden at ed.ac.uk>

> I am having a similar problem having upgraded from 1.7.4 to 1.8 -
> specifically, using fTools to do an intersection between two point datasets
> (where the points in each dataset are exactly co-located) creates an empty
> shapefile with all the attributes of the two datasets, but no entries. The
> SEXTANTE tools, however, seem to work fine?
>
> I have tried the operations on both Mac OSX 10.6.8 and Scientific Linux 6.2
> and both are giving exactly the same error for the same data.

Right now, the one way for get it working is by apply the patch here [1] or
installing master version!
If issue occurs with dataset which are different from point geometry type,
then it is a bug! If so, please reporting it here [2]

Regards

[1] - https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/188
[2] - http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues

--