[Qgis-user] Trouble with overlay in 1.8.0

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:17:41 PDT 2012

Hi,

2012/8/30 Roxette <lucy.cradden at ed.ac.uk>

> I'm having trouble applying the patch because I can't find the Ftools plugin
> files anywhere? They aren't in the .qgis/python/plugins directory with all
> the other plugins - is this because it now comes packaged with QGIS now
> rather than being installed individually? I've done a search and it doesn't
> seem to exist - either on my Linux installation or the Mac version.
>
> Any help much appreciated, I'm a newbie to this
>

> please can you indicate a help resource where it is explained how to apply a
> patch to qgis 1.8?
> thank you

A way simple to apply the patch is:

1) open the file ftools_utils.py with your text editor
(<installation_directory_qgis>/python/plugins/fTools/tools/) ;

2) looks at the function "def getGeomType(gT)" and change it as follows

def getGeomType(gT):
  if gT == 3 or gT == 6:
    gTypeListPoly = [ QGis.WKBPolygon, QGis.WKBMultiPolygon ]
    return gTypeListPoly
  elif gT == 2 or gT == 5:
    gTypeListLine = [ QGis.WKBLineString, QGis.WKBMultiLineString ]
    return gTypeListLine
  elif gT == 1 or gT == 4:
    gTypeListPoint = [ QGis.WKBPoint, QGis.WKBMultiPoint ]
    return gTypeListPoint

3) restarting qgis

Hope this helps!

Regards,