[Qgis-user] QGis 1.8 crashes with 1.7xx projects

Gerardo Jimenez gejst5 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:14:22 PDT 2012

Hi

I have a project that I made in Qgis standalone 1.74. When I try to load it in1.8 it just simply crashes. The project has

DEM
Shaded Relief
Contours (Shp)
Points CSV
Layout

The problem happens in Win7 32  and 64bits and Ubuntu 12. I made an experiment and save the project in 1.73 without the csv layer and 1.8 has no problem opening it. As soon as I have a csv layer in the 1.7x project  1.8 crashes. Anyone has the same problem as me? Is this a bug?

Thanks before hand

Gerardo Jiménez Delgado
Instituto de Investigaciones Antropológicas
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Ciudad Universitaria s/n
Coyoacan 04510
Mexico City