[Qgis-user] Re some questions on Atlas plugin

Alister Hood Alister.Hood at synergine.com
Wed Jul 4 01:29:55 PDT 2012

Hi,

> Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:40:41 +0200
> From: "G. Allegri" <giohappy at gmail.com>
> To: qgis-user <qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>,      Andreas Neumann
>         <a.neumann at carto.net>
> Subject: [Qgis-user] some questions on Atlas plugin
>
> I'm testing Atlas plugin to generate PDFs for various tiling layouts and
> sizes (from A0 to A2).
> I have two questions.
>
> 1)
> the A0 PDF output cannot be read by Acrobat. Foxit Reader can open some of
> them, but suffer a lot. Is it something related to old issues with A0
> printing, like http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4821?
>
> [1] http://giovanniallegri.it/share/A0_tile.png
> [2] http://giovanniallegri.it/share/A0_0.pdf

I believe Foxit "suffers a lot" because of http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5150.
I'm not sure whether the pdf is truly corrupt or Acrobat just isn't as long-suffering as Foxit, but I have a feeling Acrobat wouldn't have a problem with the pdfs if #5150 was fixed.  The same error used to occur with PDFs produced from the composer, and it seemed like that problem went away about the same time as http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3250 was fixed...

Regards,
Alister