[Qgis-user] SLD : Export "categorized" Qgis styles toward geoserver : error message

Yves Jacolin (free) yjacolin at free.fr
Tue Jul 10 01:55:35 PDT 2012

Hello,

AFAIK GeoServer support SLD 1.0 and QGIS export SLD 1.1.

I can't find any information about SLD 1.1 support in GeoServer. Some
user said it is working but I have never successfully add a 1.1.0 SLD in
GeoServer without getting an error message.

Did you try to save anyway and check if your SLD is working correctly? I
remember that one message said that SLD validator in GeoServer validate
only 1.0 but 1.1 could work.

Y.
Le 10/07/2012 10:31, laurent celati a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I work with Qgis 1.8. We have browsed several data from our Postgis db into
> qgis project. We associated for each data a style. Those styles are
> "categorized" in a layer according to attribut values.
>
> For 3 layers (one ponctual, one linear, one surface) I saved style in SLD
> via "properties of the layer panel-save into SLD". The expot seems work.
>
> On geoserver, i have imported postgis layers and I would like to associate
> with each layer SLD defined on Qgis. When i try to do it (geoserver tab
> data->style), i have errors messages.
>
> 1/Could you throw light for me please regarding these errors messages for
> for each of these 3 layers.
> 2/On Qgis, Is it better to export SLD via "properties of the layer
> panel-save into SLD" or via SLD plugin "save style as SLD"
> 3/On geoserver, how to display layer with SLD style?
>
> I send you by attchments log files and screen shots reprensenting Qgis and
> geoserver interface for each of these 3 test layer :
>
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4987158/SS_SLD_layer.jpg
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4987158/SS_SLD_upload_failed_into_Geoserver_occ_sol_surf_layer.jpg
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4987158/SS_SLD_upload_failed_into_Geoserver_Troncon_route_layer.jpg
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n4987158/geoserver_logfiles_09072012.log