[Qgis-user] 3D polylines

Alister Hood Alister.Hood at synergine.com
Wed Jul 11 02:01:42 PDT 2012

Hi Jonathan,
First: as you can see below, your email client is sending emails which omit the email content for people who are reading this list in "digest" mode.
Please check your email client's mail format setting - I think the problem is that it is configured to send in html format only.  Sending in both html and plain text should work fine.
(Micha - if you're reading this, all of your emails are still like this as well - can you please check your email format settings?).  Thanks.

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:58:23 +0200
> From: j.allain at agglo-paysflers.fr
> To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
> Subject: [Qgis-user] 3D polylines

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

> End of Qgis-user Digest, Vol 77, Issue 33

To your question:

> Is qgis able to draw/read 3D polylines in postgis or another format ?
> When will this become reallity ?

I believe QGIS still ignores 3D geometries, treating the features as 2D.
There was an old patch to add 3D support, which I think needs updating for current QGIS:
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/1473
Also, I think someone posted to the list very recently about building some sort of CAD or 3D modelling tool based on QGIS.  Maybe they will contribute some 3D related improvements back...

Regards,
Alister