[Qgis-user] CRS being read differently by 1.8 on different OS

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Jul 11 22:19:52 PDT 2012

Hi,

I realise that this probably isn't strictly a QGIS problem, but I've noticed something odd about a raster file that I've been handed to look at.

On MacOS (using William's 1.8 build), the file and its associated meta files is reporting as a custom CRS (+proj=longlat +a=6378249.145 +b=6356514.966395495 +no_defs)
On Win7-64bit (using OSGeo), the same file and associated meta files is reporting as Cape EPSG:4222.

This seems a little odd, and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

-ramon.