[Qgis-user] GPSTools

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Jul 16 02:13:44 PDT 2012

Hi Ken
(copying to the QGIS users list)

On 16/07/2012 10:48, Ken Norris wrote:
> Micha
>
> Did you ever sort out the GPSTools download problems?
>
> I am trying with an old magellan 330m serial using a USB adapter that
> will work with gpsbabel from the command line but is flaky from within
> qgis using GPSTools.

No, not really. That fact that you're able to download from an old
serial GPS using gpsbabel reinforces the theory that the problem is in
the GPS Tools plugin. I'm pretty sure it's something funny in the way
the plugin translates the %out parameter.

Here's another recent report (perhaps you saw it already) of erratic
problems:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/GPS-Tools-strange-behavior-td4988361.html

--
Micha
> It seems consistently to work in qgis if you avoid using global %
> references and fill everything out manually. A bit ham-fisted.
>
> I would love to sort it out but don't have the skills.
>
> Regards
>
> ken

Micha Silver
052-3665918