[Qgis-user] Qgis Sextante plugin trouble

richard burcher drownedfrog at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:29:39 PDT 2012

I've posted here becasue I think there is an issue with unicode decoding? &
didn't want to duplicate on list.

I've encountered a similar issue with the ascii codec error today. Testing
custom script & passing vector layer to parse location (##input=vector), get
the error message below. However if I use (##input=file) no error returned.

Sextante.runalg("script:test","C:\1_WorkStation_Folders\Work\NRCAN_GEMS\Tmp\tmpShape2.shp")

'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 13977: ordinal not in
range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"C:/Users/richard/.qgis//python/plugins\sextante\core\GeoAlgorithm.py", line
116, in execute
    self.processAlgorithm(progress)
  File
"C:/Users/richard/.qgis//python/plugins\sextante\script\ScriptAlgorithm.py",
line 156, in processAlgorithm
    script+=self.script
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 13977:
ordinal not in range(128)

Should I be filing a bug report?

Cheers,

Richard