[Qgis-user] Selecting polygons on attribute

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Jul 24 05:10:59 PDT 2012

Hi,
I have a SHP file of some 1.1m polygons, of which I need to select about
half of them, and save them as a separate SHP file.

The trouble is when I select either via a Query, or via the TABLE using
the select options below, it just falls asleep (100% CPU (ok, 12% as it
must be single-threaded)).
After 45 minutes or so, I just kick it out and weep.

My platform is Win 7 Prof 64 bit (also tried on 32 bit) and using 1.8.0
Lisboa.

The selects I have tried are: "sq21code" = "C016*"   and also tried
using "IN"

Any ideas what I am doing wrong and what I should try next?

Thanks & regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za