[Qgis-user] [Qgis-developer] Fwd: qgis 1.8 on MAC: Problem with qwt and more

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 06:23:21 PDT 2012

Etienne suggested this problem could be caused by an old version of matplotlib.
On ubuntu 10.04, the newest is python-matplotlib 0.99.1.2.
I solved the problem by:
1. uninstalling python-matplotlib 0.99.1.2. (et. al) using synaptic
2. Visiting http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/ and Downloading from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/matplotlib/files/matplotlib/matplotlib-1.1.1/
3. Installing according to
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/users/installing.html
cd matplotlib
python setup.py build
python setup.py install
(I added sudo to make sure the files would be copied to the /usr....
directories)

ValueTool works fine on ubuntu 10.04 with both qwt and matplotlib

Thanks!

Agus