[Qgis-user] matplotlib not found on Mac OS

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jul 25 06:41:17 PDT 2012

No, don't copy over matplotlib between python versions - it has binary components that are built for a specific version of python (though 2.6 version may work on 2.7).

And it won't matter to QGIS - it is hardwired for a specific Python per the system.  On Lion it's Python 2.7 and on Snow Leopard it's 2.6.  Copying from 2.7 to 2.6 on Lion won't get you anywhere, and on Snow Leopard there is no Python 2.7.

My matplotlib installer will install both 2.6 and 2.7 versions on Lion, so if one is missing, reinstall matplotlib.

On Jul 25, 2012, at 5:55 AM, Noli Sicad wrote:

> Hi Agus.
>
> Go to your /Library/python folder and see if you have matplotib
> installed in 2.6 and 2.7.
>
> If not just copy the matplotlib folder to the site-packages if one is missing.
>
> Noli
>

> On 7/25/12, Noli Sicad <nsicad at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Agus,
>>
>> OK.
>>
>> It is working now.
>>
>> I got the blue dots with lines when I hover into the tiff map.
>>
>> Do this means that matplotlib is working, right?
>>

>> Noli
>>
>> On 7/25/12, Agustin Lobo <Agustin.Lobo at ictja.csic.es> wrote:
>>> ok, you are finding the same problem than I, please read my
>>> original message: move the message window outside the map area and
>>> click either Yes or No
>>> Agus

>>> --
>>> --
>>> Dr. Agustin Lobo
>>> Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
>>> Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
>>> 08028 Barcelona
>>> Spain
>>> Tel. 34 934095410