[Qgis-user] matplotlib not found on Mac OS

gene martin.laloux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 07:33:22 PDT 2012

The easiest way to see if matplotlib is installed is
1) open terminal.app
2) type "python"
3) type "import matplotlib"

or
1) open the Python console in QGIS
2) type "import matplotlib"

In my case this is not the matplotlib of William but a version compiled by
me (version 2.6, Snow Leopard). I use this module in my Python scripts that
have nothing to do with QGIS.

But with statist, I had a problem: the plugin complain that matplotlib is
not installed. I downloaded and installed the plugin manually and no more
problem, it recognizes matplolib