[Qgis-user] Make Frame Background Transparent

Lee Hachadoorian Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:19:05 PDT 2012

Is there a way to make the background of a map item in the print
composer transparent? I am making a map with an inset map. There is
"blank" area of the inset that is blocking out the main map, but
because of the location of the geographies of interest, if I position
the two map frames so that they don't overlap there is a lot of dead
space in the total composition. I see a way to set the background
color, but not to set "no color".

Using QGIS 1.7.4 on Windows Vista.

--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
PhD, Earth & Environmental Sciences (Geography)