[Qgis-user] Print Composer: Best Practices

Chris Henrick chrishenrick at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 11:02:40 PDT 2012

> It seems to me that such a function should be better implemented in
> Inkscape (the ability to read qgis project and their data) rather then
> inQGIS. What can (should) be done from our side is to have a better SVG
> export.
> All the best.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I don't see why the people developing Inkscape
would be concerned with it having GIS capabilities/ a GIS plugin. I agree
the plugin would make more sense to live there, but my point was more that
it would be great to link the two somehow for better graphics editing
(cartography) capabilities. I'm interested to know if the developers on
both projects have discussed this possibility or are collaborating.

regards,

-chris