[Qgis-user] Print Composer: Best Practices

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Jul 29 03:33:41 PDT 2012

Hi Gordon, Brent and others,

Please try the latest stable QGIS 1.8 version before reporting on
problems with the PDF output. Version 1.7x won't get any fixes.

If you are using the Atlas serial print plugin please also upgrade to
the latest version of the plugin as it had a fix regarding these
bloated/rasterized PDF outputs.

This whole printing stuff has to work solidly - if not, the QGIS team
will fix it. But if you are using old versions there is nothing we can
do about it.

In the current master version (1.9.x) there will again be printing
improvements - so it is important that you stay with the latest versions.

Andreas