[Qgis-user] Smartphone suggestions for QGIS Mobile

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Jul 27 08:29:33 PDT 2012

Hi

There is a Google Summer of Code project to make a native dedicated
touch screen interface to the QGIS library (i.e. with a totally
separate user interface). The current QGIS android offering works on
e.g. my HTC One X but is not really (usable other than for a quick
show off) - it is much more intended to run on a tablet computer.

Regards

Tim

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Saber Razmjooei
<saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk> wrote:
> I didn't try to record my tracks, but GPS (and OTF) worked very well. I
> had a couple of rasters (4-5 4b each, TIF) and did not take long with
> the OTF either.
>
> The only thing is 3G which you can tether it with your phone.
>
> Plus...the battery lasted a whole day with GPS on.

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net