[Qgis-user] Change the Field type (.dbf)

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Fri Jul 27 08:36:43 PDT 2012

SÅ‚awomir Bienias wrote

>     I need to have Attribute Table with specific type of field - Integer
>     (4,0).
>
>     Is there any way to change field type in DBF table in QGis?

Have you tried in QGIS to write the content of your real field to a new
integer (4) field using the attribute calculator ?
[Open attribute table > toggle editing > Open field calculator (right button
below attribute table, should be active) ]
Create a new field with Definition Integer 4 and give it a NewFieldName. In
the expression field write: "OldFieldName"

Did a test and it worked with a shapefile.

Regards, Christine