[Qgis-user] Qgs file not working on second computer

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Mon Jul 30 20:11:41 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a QGIS project that is saved on on computer1, and is causing a silent crash when opened on computer2.

The same dataset saved as a project on computer2 will open on computer1.

I'm looking for some pointers about where to look to solve this problem.

-ramon.
_____
More details.

- Both these computers are win7 64-bit.
- Both are installed via OSGeo
 - There are some differences in the plugins on both computers (Computer2 has less than Computer1); but none of the layers should depend on plugins.
 - Computer2 had a standalone 1.7 installed, but this was removed *before*
1.8 was installed.

- Files for the project are on a central server and the project uses relative paths so it shouldn't be a file location issue.
- The project does not use any custom CRS.
- The project does have OTF set.
- There is one image in this dataset that if it isn't displayed (doesn't have to be removed) the project loads.
 - The drivers for this raster are installed, but even then other rasters of this type are working normally.
 - On Computer2 this file will load the file on its own without problems.

- I can not see any obvious differences in the :
 - project files themselves, or
 - the debugview logs; other than that the log on Computer2 stops abruptly.