[Qgis-user] Google earth kml file not opening in Qgis

Ralf Wessels gis at ralf-wessels.de
Tue Jul 31 07:30:56 PDT 2012

Andre is right - qgis (like other gis systems too) cannot display
points, lines and polygons in one layer. It has to be either points or
lines or polygons. In a kml-file this is no problem.
So if you try to load a kml-file with points, lines and polygons, qgis
just loads the first object (and all same objects e.g. points) which is
saved in the kml-file.
Try to change the display order of the kml-file in Google Earth and you
will see the effect.
ralf