[Qgis-user] Google earth kml file not opening in Qgis

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Tue Jul 31 07:51:35 PDT 2012

On 2012/07/31 16:30, Ralf Wessels wrote:
> Andre is right - qgis (_like other gis systems too)_ cannot display
> points, lines and polygons in one layer. It has to be either points or
> lines or polygons. In a kml-file this is no problem.

The "like other gis systems" part of your statement is total hogwash. Sorry.
You've obviously only been brought up on a diet of ShapeFiles.

Apologies, but you've touched a nerve here. Far too many people have
only seen one product, and have possibly even just based the development
of their products on Shapefiles.

If you want to flame me for this, please start a new thread, so that my
rant does not end up hijacking this thread.

Regards,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za