[Qgis-user] Forestry Week? (was Case sensitive)

Tyler Mitchell info at locatepress.com
Tue Mar 13 12:03:49 PDT 2012

Much of my early GIS background was in forestry here in Western Canada.
I think this week I've seen "forestry" mentioned 3-4 times on this list.  I'd love
to learn more about what folks are doing with QGIS in forestry or other
ecosystem management of natural resources.  Fire me a note if you don't
want to share on the list.

I have friends that I help who are working in forestry who are using
QGIS to visualise all their GPS traverses for harvest block and road layout.
They are also printing maps for field crews where necessary, but mostly
are all digital.  The only hiccup they have is using ArcPad on their Trimble
based GPS handhelds, which has actually added complexity.

If you have other suggested workflows that you are using for form based
data capture and then syncing with data in QGIS somehow, I'd love to hear
it :)

Tyler

-----
Tyler Mitchell, Publisher