[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 13 23:28:52 PDT 2012

Il 13/03/2012 23:59, Alister Hood ha scritto:

> Recent examples I can think of are the Contour plugin (I think its dependencies
> are available now, after the switch to Python 2.7 in OSGeo4W), and the plugin(s?)
> that require Rpy or whatever it is that isn't available since the switch to Python
> 2.7.  And for a long time before that on Windows some of the plugins that used R
> (I'm not sure if they're the same ones which can't be used now) could only be used
> with quite an old version of R.

Contour plugin is deprecated, as its functionality is now included in the raster
menu. Rpy2 is a known upstream problem.

> I remember several other examples, but the details
> don't spring to mind.

Please do not spread FUD. A missing lib is a rather exceptional occurrence, and
happens mostly with a few experimental plugins.

> It might not be.  But if you think people don't generally report bugs on windows,
> who knows?

I run tens of courses, with hundreds of users, mostly on Win. So I should know.

> Actually, in the past when I used the OSGeo4W packages I had even more crashes on
> that Windows 7 machine, so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the
> machine...

Probably it's a local problem.
All the best.
--