[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Wed Mar 14 02:44:06 PDT 2012

> > Recent examples I can think of are the Contour plugin (I think its dependencies
> > are available now, after the switch to Python 2.7 in OSGeo4W), and the plugin(s?)
> > that require Rpy or whatever it is that isn't available since the switch to Python
> > 2.7.  And for a long time before that on Windows some of the plugins that used R
> > (I'm not sure if they're the same ones which can't be used now) could only be used
> > with quite an old version of R.
>
>  Rpy2 is a known upstream problem.

correct, the issue is that the main rpy2 developer do not make anymore
builds for Windows and pyhton > 2.5, unless interested people will find
a way to support this work. As a result the 3 plugins that do make use
of R/rpy2 are not working anymore on Windows. But you can always use
QGIS up to 1.7.3 (that still uses python 2.5) and R <= 2.11.1.

cheers

-- Giovanni --