[Qgis-user] Re: ecw problems

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Mar 23 01:18:49 PDT 2012

Am 23.03.12 08:19, schrieb pieri70:
> Hi Andre
> my problem is that GDAL is used by QGis and both these programs are
> installed trough Osgeo4W setup.
> So, how can I make qgis installed that way use GDAL installed as standalone?
> Doesn't it collide with the one given by Osgeo4W, that is installed too?

If you install the standalone version form
http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/
make sure it has no red warning in the line where you download

If you execute the SDKshell.bat inside the directory, gdal points to
that standalone version. Exiting that shell, everything is back to normal.
You can transform your raster from ecw to something other in the shell,
then proceed the result with Qgis the normal way.

Its just a workaround as long as the ecw driver in osgeo4w does not work
properly with osgeo4w gdal.

HTH,
Andre Joost