[Qgis-user] Re: ecw problems

Pietro Rossin pietro.rossin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 03:18:20 PDT 2012

Hello
today the gdal-ecw lib was present among those available in osgeo4w and I
installed it
Gdal now recognizes ecw, I'm sure about that because I made a test with one
ecw translated correctly into jpeg by command line.

Quantum gis still doesn't open ecw files, format not recognized...
How can this happen?

By the way
I want to translate my ecw to a jpeg2000 with openjpeg library
Is there some easy way to perform this?
jp2 is not available between those listed with gdalinfo --formats..
FWtools also doesn't have jp2 among those available for output conversion
(it has jpegecw..)

Thanx
Pietro