[Qgis-user] Editor Doesn't Save New Values in Shapefile

Lee Hachadoorian Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:35:10 PST 2012

Strange problem with editing attribute tables. I've used the field
calculator to create a new column, calculate a percentage as

1.0 * "column1" / "column2") * 100.0

The field calculation works. Then when I save the edits (using either
direct save, or toggle editing off and choose Save when prompted) all
of the values in the new field become NULL.

I and a colleague have tested this on two OSes (Linux and Mac) using
two different shapefiles, representing different geographies but with
the same attribute table.

Any ideas?

Regards,
--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
Asst Professor of Geography, Dartmouth College