[Qgis-user] Is there smth wrong with OSGEO4W installer?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Nov 5 13:33:39 PST 2012

Hi Bernd,

On Mon, 05. Nov 2012 at 19:06:39 +0100, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:
> As I described, I cleaned all visible traces of qgis, including all
> plugins. Neverthelless, when opening an old project, qgis crashed.
> But indeed, in some projects there were mrsid layers ...

Reinstalling gdal-mrsid brought the problem back - not installing gdal-mrsid or
downgrading GDAL to 1.9.1 will cure the crash.

So until gdal-ecw is rebuilt, that's the only way to get mrsid support working.

>> The grass plugin for 1.8 needs a rebuild too - after the upgrade to 6.4.3RC1
>> (thought I wait until the RC vanishes...)

> does that mean, that i have to pick another grass version to have the  plugin
> available? which will do? other things to change?

Yes, downgrading to GRASS 6.4.2 should have worked.   But there's a fresh 1.8.0(-4)
build now anyway (but that doesn't help with the gdal-mrsid issue).

> and i believe most people have really no clue what to do (even less than me)
> is not everybody, installing a fresh osgeo4w setup and everyone doing an
> update, affected by these incompatibilities, or is it just me?

No. That should affect everyone trying to use GRASS from QGIS and/or mrsid with
GDAL.

>> qgis-dev should already work.

> additionally installed dev: no grass there wouldn't be so grave, if i only
> had the slightest idea how to work with grass from within grass ;)

Appears to work fine here.  But I still don't use it. ;)

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden