[Qgis-user] Is there smth wrong with OSGEO4W installer?

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Nov 6 04:05:58 PST 2012

Am 06.11.12 12:25, schrieb Bernd Vogelgesang:

> I think it would be counter productive to open a bug on each problem
> users encounter.

To me its a good idea. Yesterday I found a bug in gdal libkml driver on
Osgeo4W, opened a ticket, got it confirmed, and today there is a fixed
version available ;-)

> It was beyond my imagination that i would be the first one to have this
> problem, cause i thought that every day someone is doing a fresh install
> on some computer and then should realize that something is wrong.

Unless that someone uses mrsid or ecw, he would not get errors. And I
assume these formats are not too much used.

> Anyway, seems i have to adopt my update-strategy somehow, but i really
> thought that the dev-branch was the testing arena ...

For qgis, yes. But gdal seems to have only one branch for all. gdal-dev
is 1.8apre. Not sure why they do it that way...

Greetings,
André Joost