[Qgis-user] Is there smth wrong with OSGEO4W installer?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Nov 6 03:25:44 PST 2012

> Are the bug trackers stoneage to you, too?  You could have found a clue
> there.
> Or even filed a ticket, if you happen to hit that problem first.  We
> first need
> to know that there is a problem, before we can do something about it.

"Normally", there are signs of a bug indicated by a thread on the mailing
list, but i couldn't find a trace of that. I indeed had a look at the bug
tracker, but obviously missed that one about the grass plugin.

I think it would be counter productive to open a bug on each problem users
encounter. I for myself see this as the last step when no other solution
can be found. thats why i first started the thread here.

It was beyond my imagination that i would be the first one to have this
problem, cause i thought that every day someone is doing a fresh install
on some computer and then should realize that something is wrong.

As i am not so advance to be able to use postgis, i have to use grass for
topological stuff. And i also have no choice but use mrsid in a project
cause thats the only data i get delivered.

Anyway, seems i have to adopt my update-strategy somehow, but i really
thought that the dev-branch was the testing arena ...

cheers
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374