[Qgis-user] Is there smth wrong with OSGEO4W installer?

Ramon AndiƱach custard at westnet.com.au
Tue Nov 6 06:47:39 PST 2012

On 06/11/2012, at 19:25 , Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:

>> Are the bug trackers stoneage to you, too?  You could have found a clue there.
>> Or even filed a ticket, if you happen to hit that problem first.  We first need
>> to know that there is a problem, before we can do something about it.
>
> "Normally", there are signs of a bug indicated by a thread on the mailing list, but i couldn't find a trace of that. I indeed had a look at the bug tracker, but obviously missed that one about the grass plugin.
>
> I think it would be counter productive to open a bug on each problem users encounter. I for myself see this as the last step when no other solution can be found. thats why i first started the thread here.

Well, as another user not yet up to the postgis stage, the gdal bug was here:
 http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2012-October/019792.html
and this problem with GRASS was (to me) clearly similar:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2012-October/019943.html

Still, mostly sorted now.

I'm not sure if this is standard practice, but usually I'll ask here if I think I have a bug. 9 times out of 10 I've done something stupid to provoke it. When someone does confirm it, then I'll log the bug.

Out of curiousity, does the slightly out of sync mrsid gdal plugin stop you using/viewing mrsid files?
I'm still able to open the ecw files that I have to deal with.

-ramon.