[Qgis-user] QGIS Attribute Table Not Displaying Data

Lee Hachadoorian Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 08:49:57 PST 2012

Attribute tables in my install of QGIS (1.8 on Linux Mint 13) are
suddenly no longer displaying data. This was a recent install on a new
computer, and since installing a couple of weeks ago, I have been able
to add data and view attribute tables as expected. One minute I could
see the attribute table, the next minute I couldn't. I don't know if
this is related, but this happened immediately after I set the
configuration option to "Open attribute table in a dock window (QGIS
restart required)". Then when I tried to look at the attribute table,
it displayed the columns, but no data. The features still display on
the map canvas, and if I click on a feature with the Identify Features
tool, I do see the attributes associated with that feature. "Show
selected only" is not checked.

I restarted QGIS, still the same. I then turned off the docking, no
effect, restarted the computer, no effect. At this point I completely
reinstalled QGIS using purge and autoclean to remove all dependencies
and configuration files, bu the problem still persists. Also, this
applies to both shapefiles and SpatiaLite data. (Haven't tested
PostGIS data yet. As I mentioned, this is a new computer, and I'm
still setting up PostGIS.)

I've been running QGIS 1.8 on another Linux Mint 13 computer for the
past few months, and have not seen anything like this before, or in
previous versions. I find similar issues (attribute data not
displaying for some reason or another) in the bug tracker, but they
are all years old and marked as fixed or nonreproducible.

Has anyone run into this or know how to fix it?

Best,
--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
Asst Professor of Geography, Dartmouth College