[Qgis-user] QGIS Attribute Table Not Displaying Data

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 09:20:50 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Lee Hachadoorian
<Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com> wrote:
> Attribute tables in my install of QGIS (1.8 on Linux Mint 13) are
> suddenly no longer displaying data. This was a recent install on a new
> computer, and since installing a couple of weeks ago, I have been able
> to add data and view attribute tables as expected. One minute I could
> see the attribute table, the next minute I couldn't. I don't know if
> this is related, but this happened immediately after I set the
> configuration option to "Open attribute table in a dock window (QGIS
> restart required)". Then when I tried to look at the attribute table,
> it displayed the columns, but no data. The features still display on
> the map canvas, and if I click on a feature with the Identify Features
> tool, I do see the attributes associated with that feature. "Show
> selected only" is not checked.
>
> I restarted QGIS, still the same. I then turned off the docking, no
> effect, restarted the computer, no effect. At this point I completely
> reinstalled QGIS using purge and autoclean to remove all dependencies
> and configuration files, bu the problem still persists. Also, this
> applies to both shapefiles and SpatiaLite data. (Haven't tested
> PostGIS data yet. As I mentioned, this is a new computer, and I'm
> still setting up PostGIS.)

BTW user settings are stored in $HOME/.config/QuantumGIS/QGIS.conf
You could rename or delete that file, as well as the $HOME/.qgis
directory, to go back to default (empty) settings.
Un-installing and re-installing qgis has no effect on user settings.