[Qgis-user] How to open ESRI geodatabase in QGIS 1.8 and Gdal 1.9 on Ubuntu?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Nov 7 10:46:13 PST 2012

Looking at the gdal-build-mrsid helper tool, I think the pattern is:
1. download the SDK from ESRI
2. build a copy of gdal (same version you have on your system already)
off to the side with the FGDB plugin enabled
3. Install/Copy that plugin into your ogr (gdal?) plugins folder

I'm still digging to see if someone has written out a helper script or
more clear instructions.

Enjoy,
Alex