[Qgis-user] OTB issues

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Sat Nov 10 13:01:46 PST 2012

Hi,

> Hi Giovanni,
> Thank you for the answer, but I did the same that you are suggesting me
> and I am glad for that because I was not sure enough to do that and now
> what I have in front of me are more questions than answers. For instance
> what I am trying to do is how is shown in this link:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAQDFtkbdk

a few notes:

*) the folders are not correctly configured. I don't remember exactly
how the OTB ones must be configured on WIndows, but for sure the SAGA
one must point to SAGA binaries. As SAGA cannot be installed with
osgeo4w (as OTB and GRASS) you must download it separately. I would
suggest using this

http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/files/SAGA%20-%202.0/SAGA%202.0.8/saga_2.0.8_bin_msw_x64.zip/download

that doesn't require any installation at all.

*) to run the mean shift segmentation tool you must use qgis-dev (aka
master) as this OTB tool was recently moved inside another tool. This
was fixed only a few hours ago in qgis-master.

*) be sure also to have installed OTB with osgeo4w, is not installed
by default with QGIS (but GRASS is).

cheers

-- Giovanni --