[Qgis-user] Problem installing Profile plugin

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 09:32:20 PST 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Pedro VenĂ¢ncio
<pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Etienne,
>
> I'm also having some problems with the Profile Plugin. I'm using Linux (Xubuntu) and QGIS master.
>
> The first problem is this with matplotlib (I'm also using matplotlib 1.1.1~rc1):
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/pedro/.qgis//python/plugins/profiletool/profileplugin.py", line 278, in changePlotLibrary
>     self.wdg.addPlotWidget(self.plotlibrary)
>   File "/home/pedro/.qgis//python/plugins/profiletool/ui/ui_ptdockwidget.py", line 143, in addPlotWidget
>     self.plotWdg = PlottingTool().changePlotWidget("Matplotlib", self.frame_for_plot)
>   File "/home/pedro/.qgis//python/plugins/profiletool/tools/plottingtool.py", line 82, in changePlotWidget
>     fig = Figure( (1.0, 1.0), linewidth=0.0, subplotpars = figure.SubplotParams(left=0, bottom=0, right=1, top=1, wspace=0, hspace=0) )
> NameError: global name 'figure' is not defined

I think this is due to major differences between 1.0 and 1.1 - I'll
try to look into this and probably just disable the matplotlib version
unless it's 1.0.
Unless someone has a fix for this...

> Using Qwt5 it works, but with some problems.
>
> On one hand, if I close the Profile Plugin before closing QGIS, the button in Plugins toolbar remains "clicked", and when closing QGIS, it shows this error:
>
> Error while unloading plugin profiletool
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qgis/utils.py", line 237, in unloadPlugin
>     plugins[packageName].unload()
>   File "/home/pedro/.qgis//python/plugins/profiletool/profileplugin.py", line 80, in unload
>     self.wdg.close()
> RuntimeError: underlying C/C++ object has been deleted

probably a problem in plugin unloading.  Please file a bug report.

> In use, the Plugin displays a strange behavior.
> Using the Selection "Temporary polyline" option, everything works fine.
> However, with the Selection "Selected polyline" option, if the polyline has only 2 points (start and end), it does not create the profile. If I add another point, the Plugin only creates the profile for the first segment. If I create a fourth point, it just creates a profile for the first and second segments. And so on.

Does this happen just with a 2-point polyline (when initially
created)? How about if you first create (and save) a 3-point polyline
before using the plugin?

Please file another bug report for this issue.