[Qgis-user] QGIS doesn't start anymore: undefined symbol: pj_ctx_alloc

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 08:08:30 PST 2012

Hi Etienne, thank you for your reply.

I downgraded proj to version 4.7 and during the process got this error:

An error occurred

The following details are provided:

E: qgis-providers-common: subprocess installed post-installation script
returned error exit status 127
E: qgis-providers: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
E: qgis: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
E: qgis-plugin-grass: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Synaptic tells me that proj is now version 4.7 and cs2cs works, but gdal and
mapserver are still reporting the same errors as before.

I'll try to install proj, gdal and qgis again to see if it solves anything.