[Qgis-user] qgis-server and multi styles

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Nov 24 03:46:26 PST 2012

Hi,

It would certainly possible to implement. One can already import/export
styles with qml files - so why not store multiple versions for one
layer. Sounds possible to me.

Both QGIS Desktop and QGIS Server could benefit from it and QGIS
Webclient could expose alternative styles delivered by the server.

It is some work to do, but it sounds possible to me. Someone has to fund
the work or do it.

Many WMS standards (national norms) demand multiple styles per layer -
so at one day we should implement it.

Andreas