[Qgis-user] QGIS Server: Cascading WMS possible?

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Tue Nov 27 01:37:27 PST 2012

Hello List!

So, I have QGIS Server up and running, now, finally :-)

And now a new question: Is it possible to have a layer coming from
another WMS-Server in a QGIS Server project (I think a.k.a. cascading
layer)? I set up a QGIS Desktop project with this WMS - layer,
everything ok here, but QGIS Server ignores it after updating the
map/project file and adding it in the request, is does not show up...
The projection is the same for all layers.

A little bit of background: I am working/hacking on an intranet
web-application to batch-produce maps (based on PostgreSQL/PostGIS Data)
for non-GIS colleagues and would need that WMS layer as a backdrop/base...

Googling around a bit I did not find anything about this topic...

Thanks in advance,
Albin