[Qgis-user] QGIS Server: Cascading WMS possible?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Nov 27 01:44:23 PST 2012

 Hi Albin,

 Yes - cascading WMS are supported by QGIS server. I use this quite
 extensively.

 If it fails on your server one would have to investigate - could be any
 networking or proxy issues or maybe the server is a different QGIS
 version than QGIS Desktop. From QGIS 1.8 to master there have been
 changes in the raster provider. Projects created in QGIS Desktop version
 1.8 do not necessarily work in QGIS master on the server. It is
 advisable to use the same version on the server and the Desktop creating
 the files. This is normally not a big issues, but with the raster
 provider changes I experienced this problem.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:37:27 +0100, Albin Blaschka wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> So, I have QGIS Server up and running, now, finally :-)
>
> And now a new question: Is it possible to have a layer coming from
> another WMS-Server in a QGIS Server project (I think a.k.a. cascading
> layer)? I set up a QGIS Desktop project with this WMS - layer,
> everything ok here, but QGIS Server ignores it after updating the
> map/project file and adding it in the request, is does not show up...
> The projection is the same for all layers.
>
> A little bit of background: I am working/hacking on an intranet
> web-application to batch-produce maps (based on PostgreSQL/PostGIS
> Data) for non-GIS colleagues and would need that WMS layer as a
> backdrop/base...
>
> Googling around a bit I did not find anything about this topic...
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Albin

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A