[Qgis-user] labels on maps

M.E.Dodd m.e.dodd at open.ac.uk
Mon Oct 1 07:40:03 PDT 2012

I have a map with lots of point data which I want to label.  When switching on labels lots of them end up on top of each other as some of the points are close to each other.  Is there a way of automatically spacing the labels out to avoid overlap with a line going to the point from the label. Alternatively a way of doing this by hand just by dragging each of the labels out of the way but automatically generating a line showing where the associated point is.