[Qgis-user] Problem installing Profile plugin

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 05:48:29 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Andre Joost <andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
> Am 09.10.2012 02:23, schrieb William Kyngesburye:
>
>> Profile tool is a plugin affected by an incompatibility of PyQwt5
>> with recent PyQt versions.  It needs to be fixed to use another
>> graphing toolbox like Matplotlib.  Until then it will be broken in
>> the current QGIS.

Profile tool DOES support matplotlib - although perhaps it fails when
pyqwt is not found.  See attached screenshot, using matplotlib for the
plot.

I'll try to fix this by the end of the weekend.

> It also does not work on Qgis Master under Windows, but still works with
> 1.8.0 there.
> The author has promised me to rewrite the tool.

activity is very low, original author does not have any time to
dedicate on this.  I am working on some UI and functionality
improvements,  but I don't have he time to rewrite the tool.