[Qgis-user] How to change the data source?

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 06:44:57 PDT 2012

Why do you need to change the datasource, instead of simply opening a
new layer? Are there things like symbology that must be preserved?

If it's for creating maps, you can use the Print Composer, and simply
change layers.

If you need the same symbology, in the dev version (qgis-1.9) you can
setup symbology defaults for new layers, in the project properties.

Etienne