[Qgis-user] How to change the data source?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Oct 16 14:17:37 PDT 2012

I think you could try the QConsolidate plugin (not sure if for 1.8 or only
master at the moment, things are moving too fast ;) ).
This exports all your scattered shape files into one single "Layer"-Folder
and creates a project file with all your layout stuff.
I only tested it for fun cause i didn't need to really use it, but from my
experience it's perfect for creating projects and then shipping them
somewhere else (But does not work when you have other sources than shape
like spatialite etc.)

For single layers, you can use the Zip Layers plugin. This creates a zip
file with all those shape files and a style file, so when you send this
zip by mail, the recipient can load it with the same styling as you
created it
(all info without warranty ;) )

bernd

Am 16.10.2012, 16:30 Uhr, schrieb boesiii <boesiii at yahoo.com>:

> Example:
>
> A client of mine would like to view GIS data which would include sanitary
> sewers, parcels, storm sewers, buildings and roads, so I install Qgis on
> their computerand then I setup a Qgis file for the client to use but
> when I
> setup the Qgis file I will be using my typical GIS data locations but the
> client will store the data locally somewhere on their network.  I
> believe it
> would be easier to remap the location of the data source than to add new
> layers and style each one accordingly and setup the labeling.
>

> --

Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374