[Qgis-user] orthorectification in QGIS

Wesley Roberts jwesroberts at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 03:41:19 PDT 2012

Hi Luis,

I am not sure if QGIS has built in orthorecitification functionality
(perhaps there is a plugin you can use?). There is however a other open
source software package called OTB which I am sure has orthorectification
functionality (
http://www.orfeo-toolbox.org/SoftwareGuide/SoftwareGuidech11.html)

I know that there is an OTB plugin for QGIS but am not sure what it allows
you to do as I have not made use of it yet.

With regards to a DEM, your first point of call is the CGIAR version 4
Shuttle Radar Topography DEM available here (http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/),
remember however that this product has a spatial resolution of 90 meters so
if you are using very high resolution data you may want to generate your
own DEM or at least use one provided by your national mapping agency.

Hope this helps,
Wesley

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Luis Lisboa <luislisboa1975 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have used QGIS for displauying and visualization but now I will need to
> orthorectify a few satellite images. My question is: is there any QGIS
> function for this? If Yes, where can I find it?
> And, additionally, does it already include a DEM product?
>
> Thank you
> Luis

Dr Wesley Roberts
jwesroberts at gmail.com